SAP Cloud for Real Estate: Real Estate Management is a rapid implementation tool to obtain valuable information about corporate buildings, optimising the organisation and management of its different spaces and boosting profitability.
Technology has changed the way we live and work. Tools such as SAP Cloud for Real Estate, are increasingly necessary, which facilitates management of preventive and corrective maintenance for corporate buildings, from preparing the Maintenance Plan to closing the work order.
Natively integrated into SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA, the solution controls all the variables that affect the activity of a property: vehicle access, staff access, elevator management, air conditioning management, management of the different spaces (offices, meeting rooms, workstations), rentals, contracts, insurance and more. It provides effective and efficient control of all these elements and offers a global vision of what is happening, in addition to helping to detect patterns, which yields information of great value for optimising the different operations.
Some of the benefits provided by the solution:
- Less general spending. Lower operating costs thanks to greater transparency in planned and actual expenses.
- Increased contractual transparency. Analysis of contract details to improve rental decisions and make payments according to the terms and conditions.
- Normative compliance. Conform to new rental accounting standards (IFRS 16 / ASC 842) with native integration into SAP Finance.
- Improvement in capital allocation. Reassignment of investment to optimise the return on assets (ROA).
- Creation of future workspaces. Optimisation of the use of workspaces and improvement in employee productivity.
- Cost reduction. By improving equipment availability and predictive operations.
- Improved collaboration. Enterprise network to collaborate and understand asset performance.
LOCATION MANAGEMENT MODULE
- Better space management.
- Extension with associated applications and technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), virtual reality and sensors.
- Access to capacity, cost data and spatial productivity.
- Real-time information on financial performance.
- Software based on industry standards such as IFC or International Property Measurement Standards (IPMS).
WORKSPACE MANAGEMENT MODULE
- Assignment of teams and individuals.
- Connection with data sources, human resources systems and ERP to integrate data from the cost centre.
- Bases for assigning occupancy costs.
- Creation of master data by importing floor plans and CAD.
- Visual representation of usage plans.
- Georeferenced geometry for easy reuse in other applications.
- Mobile application for managing bookings.
- Alerts and messages.
- QR code for booking access and verification.
- Flat view of the spaces.
- Possibility of centralised management.
- Setting working hours.
CONTRACT AND RENTAL MANAGEMENT MODULE
- Smart rental decision-making.
- Proactive rental contract management.
- Compliance with rental accounting standards.
- Analysis of rental expenses.
- Direct Finance integrated cash flow with tax management and multi-currency functionality.
- Support for new rental regulations with full financial integration.
- Integration with SAP S/4HANA to help to ensure a consistent financial vision.
- Integration with Accrual Engine, Cash Management and SAP BI.
- Direct integration with SAP Finance to simplify compliance with IFRS 16 and ASC 842.
EMBEDDED ANALYTICAL MODULE – area details:
- Creation of detailed analyses of available spaces, changes and structure.
- By configuring KPIs, area efficiency trends and exceptions can be easily analysed.
- The types of spaces can be compared between locations and with respect for previous periods.
EMBEDDED ANALYTICAL MODULE – occupancy details:
- Analysis and administration of the use of workspaces and comparisons of different types of workspaces, as well as comparisons of different locations.
- Comparisons of target capacities, trends and changes to support decision-making and to help to develop appropriate placement strategies.
- Ability to accurately inform business units of available spaces at different locations and detailed reports on occupancy levels.
- Information on the use of the workspace to better understand and manage cost drivers in the corporate real estate sector.
- Identification of overused and underused areas of all kinds.